Ruinsara Tal is a high altitude lake surrounded by lush green meadow and bhojpatra trees. Located at the foot of Swargarohini Peak, Ruinsara Tal is a blessed lake and unlike any other.
Download Ruinsara Tal Trek Details
Ruinsara Tal Trek Fee
7 Days/ 6 Nights
- This price is valid for a minimum group of 8 persons (per person charges).
- Backpack Offloading Charges: Rs. 250/- per bag per day (10-12kgs)
- 5% GST will be applicable on trek fee.
- Stay at Meraki Triangle Sankri
- Culturally rich villages with wooden architecture
- Verdant meadow with bhojpatra trees
- Surreal Ruinsara Lake.
- Splendid views of Kala Nag, Swargarohini & Banderpoonch Peak.
Arrive at Sankri Village, meet our host at Meraki Triangle, Homestay. If time permits you can explore this beautiful village or just walk around Sankri. Sankri is 200 kms from Dehradun.
There is a 12kms jeepable road connecting Sankri with Taluka.
The trail goes through dense forest of chestnut, walnut and chinars. Taluka village is situated at an altitude of 2,410mts above sea level. The trekking route from Taluka to Seema stays on the right side of Supin River. You’ll need to cross wooden bridges over streams and do occasional climbs which doesn’t last for long.
While trekking you will encounter couple of alternative routes that leads to different Jaunsari villages of that region, avoid them and stick to the route. After 8kms of trekking you will see a beautiful village with unique wooden houses on the left side of the river, Gangad Village. It takes another 2 hours from this point to reach Seema. There is a GMVN Guest House at Seema along with couple of shops and houses.
If you prefer Homestay Accommodation then we will cross the bridge and hike to Osla Village. Satellite Phone is available at Osla Village.
Note: If there is a blockage due to landslide then you must cover the remaining distance by trekking because jeep can only drop you as far as the route is open. It is an easy walk which can be done in just 3hrs. This trekking stretch won’t tire you up but rather prepare your legs for the journey ahead.
Start off early for a long day of trekking. Follow the trail on right after walking past Seema. Do not take the bridge over Supin River on left, that route leads to Har ki Doon Valley. After gradually climbing for 2hours Dev Thatch meadow comes into view. Dev Thatch is a beautiful meadow 2kms in length but not that wide. It is a delight to walk on this meadow mainly because the route turns out demanding from the end of Dev Thatch meadow.
After crossing Dev Thatch you will have to cross couple of wooden bridges over the gushing Ruinsara Gad. Ruinsara forest area is rich in vegetation but it keeps on receding as you climb up.
Ruinsara Tal is one of the most scenic lakes of Garhwal Himalayas overlooking lofty Himalayan peaks. Surrounded by birch trees, Ruinsara Tal (3630mts) makes a perfect campsite but this region is exposed to cold winds.
The lake is surrounded by bhojpatra trees which adds to the lake’s beauty. The trek to Ruinsara Tal from Rainbasera is a pleasant walk and not tiring.
Downhill trek to Seema from Rusinara Tal will take around 6-7 hours to complete.
Trek 14kms to Taluka and drive to Sankri Village.
- Purola is the last city where you'll find 3G network. So you can make all your important calls, mails before leaving Purola. After Purola only BSNL network will work, that too in limited areas.
- Purola has the last petrol pump, so make sure you fill your vehicle if the fuel is low.
- The last ATM on the route is at Purola. Make sure you withdraw cash if needed.
- Do keep photocopies of your photo id, as it will be required at hotel check in and during the forest check post as Sankri lies in Govind Ballabh Pant National Park.
- Accommodation in Sankri
- All Meals (from your arrival at Sankri until departure from Sankri)
- Transportation (Sankri – Taluka – Sankri)
- Tents on Double / Triple Sharing basis
- Camping Equipments (Tent, Mattress, Sleeping Bag, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent, etc.)
- Camping Charges & National Park Fees (for Indian Citizens only)
- Guide, Cook, Helper & Mule Charges
- GST Extra (5%), Transportation Extra
- Any other personal Expense
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Meraki Triangle, Sankri is located at Saur Village, just 500 mts from Sankri market/bus stop. If you are coming by taxi/car then you can come directly to our homestay. You can park your vehicle on the roadside.
By Bus: You can take direct bus from Dehradun (early in the morning around 5:30 am) to Sankri. It takes around 11 hours to reach Sankri by bus. Just in case you have missed that bus, then you can take bus till Purola and hire a cab shared or on full booking to Sankri.
By Car/Taxi: You can easily drive your car or hire a taxi from Dehradun to reach Sankri, it takes around 8-10 hours to reach Sankri. Contact Us for Cab Booking or you can also opt for Ex-Dehradun Package.