Kuari Pass is renowned for being a part of the epic Lord Curzon's Trail. It is one of the most rewarding treks in Uttarakhand. Top it up with a summit to Pangarchulla Peak and you get to live one of it's kind expedition.
Kuari Pass is a easy trek and Pangarchulla is boulder peak which involves moderate climb. This can be a perfect learning experience for you to introduce yourself to high altitude expedition by crossing a pass and climbing a peak
Download Kuari Pass Trek Details
Kuari Pass Trek Fee
5 Days/ 4 Nights
- Price applicable on Fixed Departure Treks & for batch size of 08+ trekkers
- 5% GST will be applicable on trek fee.
- Amphitheatre of Garhwal Himalayas
- Tali Tal - high altitude lake
- High altitude Meadow
- Ski resort
- Perfect for beginners
Upon arrival at Joshimath in the evening meet our trekking crew. Check into Homestay / Hotel. Remaining evening you are free to relax and acclimatize. Joshimath is a small town and tourist hub in Garhwal Himalayas. This place is very famous for Shankracharya temple. Joshimath is also a hub for several adventure activities like trekking, mountaineering & skiing.
After breakfast drive up to Auli (Ski Resort of Uttarakhand), then we start our trek from Auli to famous Gorson Bugyal known for its skiing slopes in winter season. The grand peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas will unveil one by one of this day. You’ll also get to see the highest peak of India that lies entirely within Indian boundary – Nanda Devi. There’s also a beautiful Tali Lake enroute, the area surrounding Tali Tal flourishes with the grazing grassland for Himalayan sheep and cattle. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
This is a long day with mixed terrain that passes through steep ridges & high altitude meadows with constant views of staggering peas of Garhwal Himalayas. Kuari Pass is popular for being a part of Lord Curzon’s Trail which opens up to the other side of the valley that leads to Trisul, Nanda Kot and other legendary peaks around Roopkund region. Trek back to Khullara Top after spending some good time at the pass. Khullara Top is a gorgeous campsite overlooking Dronagiri, Changabang, Kamet, and many other Himalayan peaks.
After breakfast, we start trekking down to base camp. It is a 12 km downhill trek on the way we get to see natural springs, Himalayan villages, agriculture fields. At Tapovan our private vehicle will await our arrival to drive us back to Joshimath (15km -1hr drive ).
- Purola is the last city where you'll find 3G network. So you can make all your important calls, mails before leaving Purola. After Purola only BSNL network will work, that too in limited areas.
- Purola has the last petrol pump, so make sure you fill your vehicle if the fuel is low.
- The last ATM on the route is at Purola. Make sure you withdraw cash if needed.
- Do keep photocopies of your photo id, as it will be required at hotel check in and during the forest check post as Sankri lies in Govind Ballabh Pant National Park.
- All Meals during Trek
- Trek Fees
- Accommodation in Joshimath
- Transportation Joshimath – Auli – Joshimath
- All Trekking equipments (Tents, Sleeping Bags. etc)
- Porter, Cook & Mule charges
- Forest Camping Charges, Entry Fees & Permits
- Mountaineering Certified Guide
- Services of Experienced Trek Leader
- GST Extra (5%), Transportation Extra
- Any other personal Expense
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
By Bus: You can take direct bus from Rishikesh (early in the morning around 5:30 am) to Joshimath. It takes around 9 hours to reach Joshimath by bus. Just in case you have missed that bus, then you can take bus till Srinagar/ Rudraprayag and board another bus for onward journey to Joshimath.