Kedarkantha Peak is a 12500ft summit that is hailed as one of the most popular winter trekking destinations in India. Located on the western borderlands of Uttarakhand, this summit opens up to the wide panoramic views of Himalayan range.
Kedarkantha is a short and easy trek of 9 kms from Sankri Village to the summit which offers delightful marvels that a trekker dreams to experience in the journey. The summit has mythological significance that dates back to Mahabharata when Bhima and Lord Shiva (disguided as a bull) have a duel. The wooden architecture of Sankri Village adds up to its cultural values and picture perfect setting.
Download Kedarkantha Trek Details
5 Days/ 4 Nights
- This price is valid for a minimum group of 8 persons (per person charges).
- 5% GST will be applicable on trek fee.
- Culturally rich villages
- Unique wooden architecture
- Magical Har ki Doon Valley
- Splendid views of Kala Nag and Swargarohini Peak
- Purola is the last city where you'll find 3G network. So you can make all your important calls, mails before leaving Purola. After Purola only BSNL network will work, that too in limited areas.
- Purola has the last petrol pump, so make sure you fill your vehicle if the fuel is low.
- The last ATM on the route is at Purola. Make sure you withdraw cash if needed.
- Do keep photocopies of your photo id, as it will be required at hotel check in and during the forest check post as Sankri lies in Govind Ballabh Pant National Park.
- Dinner from Day 1 to Breakfast on Departure day
- Camping Equipments (Tent, Mattress, Sleeping Bag, Kitchen Tent, etc.)
- Morning Tea, Evening Tea with Snacks
- Camping Charges & National Park Fees (for Indian Citizens only)
- Guide, Cook, Helper & Mule Charges
- Transportation only for ex-Dehradun Packages
- GST Extra (5%), Transportation Extra
- Any other personal Expense
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Meraki Triangle, Sankri is located at Saur Village, just 500 mts from Sankri market/bus stop. If you are coming by taxi/car then you can come directly to our homestay. You can park your vehicle on the roadside.
By Bus: You can take direct bus from Dehradun (early in the morning around 5:30 am) to Sankri. It takes around 11 hours to reach Sankri by bus. Just in case you have missed that bus, then you can take bus till Purola and hire a cab shared or on full booking to Sankri.
By Car/Taxi: You can easily drive your car or hire a taxi from Dehradun to reach Sankri, it takes around 8-10 hours to reach Sankri. Contact Us for Cab Booking or you can also opt for Ex-Dehradun Package.