Har ki Doon valley often referred to as god's own valley, is situated on the south east of Jaundhar Glacier at the foot of Swargarohini Peak. It is one of the most popular treks in Uttarakhand which still offers virgin beauty at every step.
The valley is surrounded with enormous Himalayan peaks and glaciers and the 27 kms trail to Har ki Doon is rich in wide variety of flora and fauna as it lies in Govind Ballabh Pant Wildlife Reserve.
Download Har ki Dun Trek Details
Har ki Dun Trek Fee
7 Days/ 6 Nights
- This price is valid for a minimum group of 8 persons (per person charges).
- 5% GST will be applicable on trek fee.
- Backpack Offloading Charges: Rs. 250 per bag per day (upto 10kgs)
- Culturally rich villages
- Unique wooden architecture
- Magical Har ki Doon Valley
- Splendid views of Kala Nag and Swargarohini Peak
The trail goes through dense forest of chestnut, walnut and chinars. Taluka village is situated at an altitude of 2,410mts above sea level. The trekking route from Taluka to Seema stays on the right side of Supin River. You’ll need to cross wooden bridges over streams and do occasional climbs which doesn’t last for long.
While trekking you will encounter couple of alternative routes that leads to different Jaunsari villages of that region, avoid them and stick to the route. After 8kms of trekking you will see a beautiful village with unique wooden houses on the left side of the river, Gangad Village. It takes another 2 hours from this point to reach Seema. There is a GMVN Guest House at Seema along with couple of shops and houses.
If you prefer Homestay Accommodation then we will cross the bridge and hike to Osla Village. Satellite Phone is available at Osla Village.
Note: If there is a blockage due to landslide then you must cover the remaining distance by trekking because jeep can only drop you as far as the route is open. It is an easy walk which can be done in just 3hrs. This trekking stretch won’t tire you up but rather prepare your legs for the journey ahead.
After reaching Kalkati Dhar there will be a change in scenery and the trail will become less demanding. You will see the shepherds grazing their flock and several trekkers passing through. Since Har ki Doon region comes in Govind Ballabh Pant Wildlife Reserve, you can encounter a wide variety of flora and fauna. The route is particularly beautiful from Kalkati Dhar to Har ki Doon.
Soon the route opens up and Hata Peak becomes visible. Har ki Doon is situated at the foot of Hata Peak. There is a beautiful camping ground at Har ki Doon with a calm stream flowing in between. It is the best camping site you'll come across while trekking to Har ki Doon.
- Purola is the last city where you'll find 3G network. So you can make all your important calls, mails before leaving Purola. After Purola only BSNL network will work, that too in limited areas.
- Purola has the last petrol pump, so make sure you fill your vehicle if the fuel is low.
- The last ATM on the route is at Purola. Make sure you withdraw cash if needed.
- Do keep photocopies of your photo id, as it will be required at hotel check in and during the forest check post as Sankri lies in Govind Ballabh Pant National Park.
- Dinner from Day 1 to Breakfast on Departure day
- Camping Equipments (Tent, Mattress, Sleeping Bag, Kitchen Tent, etc.)
- Morning Tea, Evening Tea with Snacks
- Camping Charges & National Park Fees (for Indian Citizens only)
- Guide, Cook, Helper & Mule Charges
- Transportation only for ex-Dehradun Packages
- GST Extra (5%), Transportation Extra
- Any other personal Expense
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Meraki Triangle, Sankri is located at Saur Village, just 500 mts from Sankri market/bus stop. If you are coming by taxi/car then you can come directly to our homestay. You can park your vehicle on the roadside.
By Bus: You can take direct bus from Dehradun (early in the morning around 5:30 am) to Sankri. It takes around 11 hours to reach Sankri by bus. Just in case you have missed that bus, then you can take bus till Purola and hire a cab shared or on full booking to Sankri.
By Car/Taxi: You can easily drive your car or hire a taxi from Dehradun to reach Sankri, it takes around 8-10 hours to reach Sankri. Contact Us for Cab Booking or you can also opt for Ex-Dehradun Package.