How often do you get to traverse an easy trail in the Himalayas that has a lot to offer? Chandrashila Summit Trek is the answer to that. A wide variety of landscapes, dense rhododendron forest, highest temple of Lord Shiva,Tungnath Temple and panoramic views of the Himalayan range from Chandrashila Summit are key highlights of this trek.
Tungnath Temple is one of the sacred PanchKedar temples. Situated at an altitude of 3,680mts above sea level it is the highest temple of Lord Shiva.
If you haven’t been introduced to the world of trekking then this will definitely be a perfect start for you. And if you are a trekker then you got to experience how much this short and easy trek has to offer. Just club couple of days off with the weekend and you will witness nature at its best.
Download Chandrashila Summit Trek Details
Chandrashila Summit Trek Fee
3 Days/ 2 Nights
- Price applicable on Fixed Departure Treks & for batch size of 08+ trekkers
- 5% GST will be applicable on trek fee.
- Rhododendron rich trail
- Highest Temple of Lord Shiva
- Stay at Meraki Mayadeep, Dugalbitta
- Heaven for bird watching
- Picture perfect meadows
- Panoramic views of Himalayan range from Chandrashila Summit.
Dugalbitta is a bird watchers haven and located just 7kms before Chopta. There is an old hiking trail from Dugalbitta to Chopta which is fairly untouched as most people drive to Chopta. If you are running short on time or if you want to hike for less number of kilometers then you can drive to Chopta and start trekking from there, or else you can follow this less frequented trail from Dugalbitta to Tungnath Temple and thereon to Chandrashila.
While on the hiking trail you’ll see clear views of Kedar Dome,Chaukhamba, Thalaysagar and several other peaks of Garhwal Himalayas. Chandrashila Peak also becomes visible after trekking for a few kilometers.
This entire region comes under Kedarnath Musk Deer Sanctuary so there are chances that you might spot wildlife in the morning including Wild Goat and Himalayan Monal. The trail from Bhrujgali to Tungnath temple is broad and well maintained. During today’s trek you will be gaining altitude in very short distance and thus the climb is steep.
During the final stretch to reach Tungnath you will reach a rocky cliff on the right which is known as RaavanShila. Continue walking towards Tungnath Temple. Magnificent in its style and architecture Tungnath is considered to be more than a 1000 years old. The main temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and other small rock temples in the vicinity are dedicated to Goddess Parvati. The temple remains closed during winters.
Another 1km steep hike from Tungnath temple will lead you to Chandrashila Summit. The trail becomes narrow as we climb up the meadows of Chandrashila Peak. Chandrashila is the summit of the mountain on which Tungnath temple is situated. A beautiful small temple is situated on the summit along with several unique cairn structures. Chandrashila is perched at an elevation of 4,000mts above sea level offering splendid views of the majestic Himalayan peaks including Kedar Dome, Chaukhamba, Nanda Devi, Trishul, Nanda Ghunti, Kamet, Gangotri Ranges & more.
Spend some time at Chandrashila Summit witnessing the heavenly horizon and then start descending towards Chopta and thereon to Dugalbitta to end the day.
Note: All trekkers are expected to carry their own backpacks with personal belongings.
- All land transfers in shared private vehicle (For ex-Rishikesh)
- 5 nights deluxe accommodation on as per itinerary (2N Joshimath, 3N Ghangharia)
- Veg and egg meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner) for the trip duration as per itinerary (from Dinner on Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 6)
- Entry fee for Valley of Flowers as applicable to Indian nationals
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local trekking guide (01 guide for upto 8 pax)
- Charges for mules for trekking client’s soft luggage (1 piece of soft luggage, max 10 kg, per client)
- Joshimath Sightseeing on Day 5 as per itinerary (time permitting)
- GST Extra (5%), Transportation Extra
- Any other personal Expense
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions